ISOLS Board members
- 1988-1989: Assistant, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Kanazawa University
- 1989-1991: Assistant Professor, at the same institute
- 1991-1999: Lecturer, at the same institute
- 1999-2010: Associate Professor, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University
- 2006-2010: Clinical Professor, Kanazawa University Hospital
- 2010-present: Professor & Chairman, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Kanazawa University
Hospital & Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University
Why is ISOLS important for me?
Because ISOLS is the first largest meeting on musculoskeletal oncology with full of new expertise.
In order to get ceaseless progress in this field, we, tumor surgeons, have to keep going forward through ISOLS activities.
The international venues and collegiality of the meeting fosters excellent interactions, collaboration and results in lifelong relationships and memories.
- Chairman Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, September 1, 2011 - present
- Interim Chair Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, July 1 2010 – August 31, 2011
- Eugene Jewitt Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2004-2011
- William F. Enneking, William E. Anspach & Orthopaedic Alumni Endowed Chair 2011-present
- Chief Division of Orthopaedic Oncology, July 1991 - present
- Orthopedic Oncology Fellowship Program Director, July 1991 - present
- Residency Program Director 2007 - present
- Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, University of Florida
- Affiliate Professor Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, July 1998 - present
Director, Orthopaedic Research & Education Center "Panayotis N. Soucacos", at Attikon University General Hospital
“Standing on the shoulders of the pioneers of musculoskeletal oncology, ISOLS has been expanded nowadays to the biggest international musculoskeletal tumor and reconstruction association. I am proud to be part of this family.”
- Chief, Orthopaedic Oncology Unit, ATTIKON University General Hospital
- f.A.Consultant & A.Professor, Department of Orthopaedics, Mayo Clinic & Mayo Medical School, Rochester MN, USA
- Clinical fellowship training in Orthopaedic Oncology, Adult Reconstruction and Spine Surgery at the Department of Orhopaedics, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester MN, USA
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, KAT Hospital Athens Greece
- Graduate of Athens University School of Medicine
- Author of more than 350 international publications, 6500 citations and 30 textbook chapters
- H-index 40, i10-index 170 (google scholar)
- Member of many national and international societies including the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), American Musculoskeletal Tumor Society (MSTS), the International Society for Limb Salvage (ISOLS), the European Musculoskeletal Oncology Society (EMSOS) & the World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (WSRM), Hellenic Association Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology (HAOST)
As a member of different orthopaedic and orthopaedic oncology Societies, in which I am fully involved with a considerable amount of commitments, I do believe that orthopaedic oncology Societies have a paramount role in education and knowledge update in our field.
EMSOS in Europe and MSTS in the USA and far beyond are very active Societies, which I am honoured to be part of. ISOLS has an intercontinental breath and could/should be a "liaison" between the mentioned Societies and all the colleagues over the world. Some of the founding members and "fathers" of our Society are Franklin H. Sim, Mario Campanacci, Rainer Kotz, Ed Chao and many others, well-known pioneers in musculoskeletal oncology. ISOLS has always played a crucial role and nowadays is more and more confirming this in the international scenario.
I have had the pleasure and honour to be President of ISOLS, while currently I am Membership Chair. Besides, I was appointed as organiser of 2013 ISOLS Annual Meeting in Bologna, which was quite successful.
I think that ISOLS will continue to promote education for new generations of orthopaedic oncology surgeons and cultural exchange among all us worldwide involved in the sector of musculoskeletal oncology.
To me ISOLS is one of the very few societies in the field of orthopaedic surgery, which over decades guaranteed innovative and stimulating meetings. ISOLS is dynamic society open for new ideas at the cuting edge and thus attracting surgeons, researchers and technicians from all over the world for the sake of improving patients outcome. The spirit of ISOLS can only be understood if one enters this global family.
2009 - present: President, Osteosarcoma Committee of Experts, Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology (CSCO)
2011.9: Co-Chairman, the 16th ISOLS, Beijing, China
2006 - present: Vice-President, Committee of sarcoma, Chinese Anti-Cancer Association (CACA)
2005 - present: Vice President, Group of Bone sarcoma, Chinese Society of Orthopedics, Chinese Medical Association(CMA)
2006 - present: Board member, Asia-Pacific Musculoskeletal Tumor Society (APMSTS)
2006 - present: Executive Chairman, Eastern Asian Musculoskeletal Oncology Group (EAMOG)
2005 - present: Board member, Chinese Speaking Orthopaedic Society(CSOS)
2001 - present: Board member, New York Academy of Sciences
2009 - present: Executive Member, Executive Committee of Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology (CSCO)
2005 - present: Board Member, Chinese Orthopedics Society (COA )
2008 - present: Board member, Committee of genitourinary cancer, Chinese Anti-Cancer Association(CACA)
2006 - present: Expert, Assessment Group of Medical Malpractice, Beijing Xicheng Medical Association
2008 - present: Expert, Assessment Group of Medical Malpractice, Beijing Medical Association
2008 - present: Expert, China International Exchange and Promotive Association for Medical and Health Care, CPAN
2008 - present: Expert, Assessment Group of Medical Malpractice Chinese Medical Association of People’s Liberation Army)
2001 - present: Expert, Beijing Health Information Network
2003 - present: Expert, Beijing Xicheng Labor Capacity Identification Committee
2010 - present: Expert, Beijing Labor Capacity Identification Committee
2007 - present: Expert, China Medical Herald
2008 - present: Expert, Shandong Medical Journal
2009 - present: Expert, Beijing Health Care Association
2010 - present: Expert, Expert Committee of Rational Drug Use, Ministry of Public Health
2012 - present: Member , 8th Oncology Committee of Experts, Beijing Medical Association
The ISOLS is scientific society especially focusing on surgical treatment of bone and soft tissue sarcomas. My first important presentation was at ISOLS Meeting, which was a very eye-opening experience. Since then the meetings have been educating and encouraging me to learn more about in the field of sarcomas. Thank you very much, ISOLS.